Easy Moroccan Chickpea Stew
Recipe by Anthea Cheng @rainbownourishments
- 2 medium carrots, chopped into 2cm pieces
- Spices, such as cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, ground ginger (to taste)
- Olive oil, as needed
- 1 x 410g can Ardmona Rich & Thick Chilli
- 1 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup sultanas or raisins
- Pearl or regular cous cous, coconut yoghurt, almonds, chopped parsley (to serve, optional)
- Add the carrots, spices & olive oil to a medium saucepan over high heat. Saute until fragrant.
- Stir in the Ardmona Rich & Thick Chilli, chickpeas & dried fruit. Reduce the heat to medium & simmer for 15 minutes, or until everything is tender, or the stew is to your desired consistency. If the liquid is evaporating too quickly, add a little water or vegetable stock. Mix the stew occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Serve the stew with cous cous & top with coconut yoghurt, almonds or parsley (as desired).
Tip: Feel free to use other vegetables such as sweet potato, capsicum or even zucchini.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!