Creamy Coconut & Jackfruit Korma
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin, peeled, grated (2 cups grated)
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 410g can SPC Jackfruit pieces in water, drained
- 1/4 cup Korma curry paste
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 400g can chickpeas with no added salt, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander, plus leaves to serve
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted cashews, chopped
- Steamed basmati rice and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onion, pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and cardamom, for 5 minutes, or until pumpkin is soft.
- Reserve 1/4 cup coconut milk and ½ the diced tomato to garnish.
- Add the jackfruit, curry paste, remaining coconut milk, diced tomato and chickpeas to saucepan. Stir well and bring to simmer. Cook 15 minutes, covered, until jackfruit is fork tender and shreds easily.
- Stir through chopped coriander. Drizzle curry with reserved coconut milk. Garnish with reserved tomato, cashews and extra coriander leaves. Serve with basmati rice and lemon wedges for squeezing.