Chilli Non Carne Nachos
- 230g plain tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pizza cheese or vegan pizza shred
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
Chilli Non Carne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
410g can SPC Jackfruit Pieces in Water, rinsed and drained
- 400g can Ardmona Organic Tomatoes Finely Crushed
- 400g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chipotle in adobo sauce
Coconut Lime Crèma
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Chilli Non Carne. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high. Sauté onion and capsicum for 5 minutes, to soften (Reserve 1 tbsp of the diced onion for garnish). Stir in spices, cooking 1 minute, until fragrant. Add jackfruit, stirring to coat in spices. Add Ardmona tomatoes, chipotle and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring often, until jackfruit is tender and sauce thickens. Break up larger jackfruit chunks with the back of a spoon. Stir in beans. Simmer 2 minutes to heat through.
- Spread tortilla chips over a tray. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Bake for 5 mins or until golden. Slide onto a large serving platter using the baking paper.
- Coconut Lime Crèma. Whisk yoghurt and juice together using a fork. Season.
- Top nachos with chilli, sprinkle with remaining cheese and dollop lime crema. Top with avocado, red onion and coriander sprigs. Serve with lime wedges.
Use any leftover Chilli Non Carne as a for filling tacos, burritos or simply served over rice with a dollop of Coconut lime crèma.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!