Spice up your weekly menu with our take on Chicken Cacciatore.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 onion, chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp rosemary chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 400g Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tbsp oregano
- Heat half the oil in a shallow fry pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook both sides for 5 minutes or until golden. Repeat with the remaining chicken. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, rosemary and chicken, cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour over wine and Ardmona tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Cook, covered turning occasionally for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir olives, capers and half the oregano. Remove from heat.
- To serve, sprinkle with remaining oregano leaves.
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!