Cauliflower and Tomato Risoni Bake
by Justine Schofield
- 400g risoni
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 20g butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 x (410g) can Ardmona Rich & Thick Tomatoes with Garlic & Basil
- 200ml cream
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 150g cheddar, grated
- 50g parmesan
- 50g walnuts chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and preheat the oven to 200C.
- Heat butter in a sauté pan over a medium to high heat. Add the onion and garlic and soften for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Now add the cream and cook for a further 5 minutes to thicken. Add the spinach and remove from the heat.
- Add the florets to the water and cook for 4 minutes before adding the risoni. Stir to separate and cook for 4 more minutes or until just al dente.
- Drain the cauliflower and risoni, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Add risoni and cauliflower to the creamy tomato sauce and fold through along with the half of the cheese. Pour into a baking dish and sprinkle over walnuts and remaining cheeses.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.