Our delicious Butter Chicken is sure to be a hit.
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup (to serve) plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Ardmona Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Ardmona Diced Tomatoes, mashed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cream
- Basmati rice, to serve
- Coriander, to serve
- Naan bread, to serve
- Combine 1/2 cup yoghurt, lemon juice, turmeric, garam masala, chilli powder, cumin, ginger and garlic with the chicken in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or up to 24 hours.
- Heat the vegetable oil over high heat in a large fry pan. Take the chicken out of the marinade but do not wipe or shake off the marinade from the chicken (don’t pour the Marinade left in the bowl into the fry pan).
- Place chicken in the fry pan and cook for 3 minutes, or until the chicken is white all over.
- Add Ardmona tomatoes, sugar and salt. Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir through cream, then remove from heat.
- Serve with basmati rice, coriander, naan bread and remaining yoghurt. Enjoy!