- 600g oyster blade, cut into 6 pieces
- 3 anchovies
- 2 tbsp capers
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ large brown onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 sticks celery, cut into chunks
- 1 red chilli, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch basil, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 100g butter
- 1 tin Ardmona whole tomatoes
- 1 tin Ardmona crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup port
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Season meat well with salt and pepper. Heat an oven proof pan over medium high heat, then add beef in batches, fat side down with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Allow the fat to render down and sear the meat.
- Add the vegetables to the with 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, anchovies and capers. Stir in the vegetables and allow them to sweat down for 3-5 minutes. Once the vegetables have begun to soften, add butter and stir through. Add tomatoes, red wine and return meat to the pan. Deglaze the pan with port.
- Place a sheet of baking paper over the braise and put an oven proof lid on the pot. Cook in the oven for 2-3 hours, or until the meat is tender.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley.