Baked Fish on Potatoes with Ardmona Tomatoes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x (160-180g) pieces blue eye fish fillets (or any white fish of your choice), skin on
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 large Desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm rounds
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup of fish or chicken stock, hot
- Small pinch saffron threads
- 20g butter
- 1/2 x can (200g) of Ardmona crushed tomatoes
- 1 small handful of dill and parsley leaves, picked
- 1/4 of lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Heat stock and add saffron.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the onion, potato and garlic into a baking dish and add the stock and 3/4 of the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and dollop the crushed tomatoes over the cooked potato, lightly seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle oil over fish and season with salt and pepper. Arrange fish on top and add remaining butter. Bake again for 5-10 minutes, or until fish is just cooked (this will depend on how thick your fillets are).
- Dress herbs with a squeeze of lemon and a splash of oil. Scatter over just before serving.