Packed full of flavour, our baked eggs are the perfect start to any morning.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 400g Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Parsley and sourdough toast to serve
- Heat oil in a medium fry pan and cook red onion for 5 to 7 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add Ardmona Diced Tomatoes, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, sugar, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup boiling water and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until thick and saucy.
- Make two hollows in the top, slip in the eggs and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with warm sourdough toast.