Baked Bean Party Pies
Get ready for the footy finals with our Baked Bean and Steak party pies.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750 g beef mince
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup instant gravy
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup SPC Baked Beans
- 2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 sheet frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1 egg yolk, whisked
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. A
- Add the mince and break up using a wooden spoon.
- Mix in the tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Dissolve the instant gravy in a cup using the boiling water. Add to the pan and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture is thick.
- Add SPC Baked Beans and stir through.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Cut out 12 large circles of shortcrust pastry to line each muffin cup.
- Cut 12 smaller circles from the puff pastry to make lids.
- Fill each pastry-lined muffin cup with cooled mince mixture.
- Brush the edges with egg yolk.
- Top with puff pastry and use a fork to pinch down the pastry edges together.
- Brush the top with egg yolk and bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!