Our apricot danish is the perfect afternoon tea addition.
- 2/3 cup thick custard
- 2/3 cup almond meal3 sheets frozen
- puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 400g SPC Apricots, drained and quartered
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Place custard and almond meal in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 equal squares and in the centre of each place a tablespoon of custard mixture.
- Top each with a few apricot quarters (cut side down) and roll the pastry corners toward the centre of the Danish leaving the apricot exposed. Slightly flatten the rolled pastry with your fingers, then pinch the pastry joins together.
- Place pastries on 2 oven trays lined with baking paper. Brush each pastry with egg and bake for 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with sifted icing sugar.