Apple and Cinnamon Muffins
Try our Fruit Plus muffins enriched with chia
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Fruit Plus Apple & Cinnamon Pouch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated apple
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 small red apple, halved and sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 220C and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, half the cinnamon and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil, Fruit Plus Apple & Cinnamon Pouch and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and slowly fold together. Before it’s all combined, add grated apples and walnuts. Stir just until combined.
- Fill muffin tins all the way to the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Place a few apple slices on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes, then decrease oven temperature to 180C for 12 to 18 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean)
- Let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack.