Peach and Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding
A modern twist on a classic, our peach and chocolate bread and butter pudding will be a crowd pleaser!
- 3 Dozen eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 litre milk
- 1 litre pouring cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oranges, zested
- 2 loafs of sliced white bread
- 500g soft butter
- 3kg SPC Halved Peaches
- 500g dark chocolate, chopped roughly
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and orange zest in a medium bowl or jug and set aside
- Spread both sides of bread slices with butter and halve lengthways
- In a large greased ovenproof dish, layer bread slices, scattering peaches and chocolate between each layer
- Pour cream mixture evenly over bread slices and let stand until the bread has absorbed most of the cream mixture (45 minutes – 1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 180C, cook pudding until firm for 30 – 40 minutes
- Serve with a sprinkle of brown sugar
Looking for more inspiration?
Check out some of our suggested recipes for you to try below!