Braised Beef with Beans and Guinness
- 1.35-1.6 kg Beef cheek,veal Osso bucco, oxtail
- 350g mushrooms1/4rd
- 570 ml beef stock
- salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 x 440 ml can Guinness
- 225 g SPC baked beans
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 rounded tablespoon plain flour, seasoned
- 2 large onions, halved and thickly sliced
- 4 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 good sprigs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Heat oil in a large frying pan coat meat in lightly in seasoned flour and fry in hot fat on all sides until they are a nutty brown colour.
- Transfer to an oven tray
- Add the rest of the oil add onions and fry these for about 5 min
- Drain the beans add to the meat with garlic cloves, sprigs of thyme , mushrooms, stock, Guinness and bay leaves and black pepper.
- Cover with a lid place in the oven for 2½ hours.
- Season with salt before serving with a lightly cooked green vegetable.